Looking for a fun and educational activity for the whole family? Then be sure to check out the Georgia Atlanta Aquarium! Home to over 100,000 animals from over 500 different species, the Georgia Atlanta Aquarium is one of the largest public aquariums in the world.
- Best things to know before you go to Atlanta Aquarium
- Top facts about the Georgia Aquarium
- How much does it cost to go to Georgia Aquarium?
- 4D Theater in Aquarium
- Advantage of Atlanta CityPass in Atlanta Aquarium
- How to get to the Atlanta Aquarium?
Plus, with tons of interactive exhibits, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. The Aquarium is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Atlanta, attracting more than two million visitors each year.
The aquarium was founded in 1988 by Bernard Marcus, who donated $250 million to build the facility. The Aquarium opened to the public in 2005 and has since been accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA).
Best things to know before you go to Atlanta Aquarium
The aquarium is located on 22 acres (8.9 ha) of land in downtown Atlanta, next to Centennial Olympic Park. The facility includes 10 galleries, two restaurants, and a gift shop. The galleries include Tropical Diver, Ocean Voyager, Cold Water Quest, River Scout, Seaside Slumber, Butterfly Center, Georgia Explorer, Shark Alley, and Coral Reef.
- Check the hours of operation for the day you plan to visit. The Aquarium is open 365 days a year, but hours vary by season and day of the week.
- Purchase your tickets online in advance to avoid long lines at the ticketing counter. You can also purchase an Atlanta attractions combo ticket that includes general admission to the Aquarium and other attractions in the area, such as the Georgia Aquarium Whale Shark Encounter or the CNN Studio Tours.
- Review the list of prohibited items before you pack for your visit. outside food and drinks, coolers, and large bags are not allowed inside the Aquarium.
- Be prepared to walk! The Aquarium is large, and you will do a lot of walking to see all of the exhibits. comfortable shoes are a must.
- Don’t forget your camera! There are plenty of photo opportunities throughout the Aquarium, so make sure you have your camera ready to go. Don’t use the flash when taking pictures inside the aquarium.
Top facts about the Georgia Aquarium
If you’re looking for a unique place to stay in Atlanta, look no further than this aquarium. That’s right, you can spend the night sleeping surrounded by sharks, fish, and other sea creatures.
The aquarium offers an overnight adventure package that includes a behind-the-scenes tour, a sleepover in the Ocean Voyager Exhibit, and breakfast with the dolphins. You’ll have plenty of time to explore the aquarium at your own pace and learn about the animals before bedtime.
In the morning, you’ll get to watch the dolphin show and feed them breakfast. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that your family will never forget. So if you’re looking for something different for your next vacation, consider spending a night at the Georgia Aquarium.
- The Georgia Aquarium is home to beluga whales, whale sharks, bottlenose dolphins, and manta rays, among other aquatic animals.
- The Georgia Aquarium’s Ocean Voyager exhibit is one of the largest single aquatic habitats in the world and houses four whale sharks.
- The Atlanta attraction receives more than 2 million visitors each year and was named one of the top five aquariums in the United States by USA Today.
- A portion of proceeds from ticket sales at the Georgia Aquarium go towards research and conservation initiatives to help protect aquatic animals around the world.
- The Georgia Aquarium is not the biggest aquarium in the world. However, at 550,000 square feet, it is the largest in the United States.
If you’re looking to visit, be sure to check out their website for information on hours, prices, and directions.
How long does it take to see Georgia Aquarium?
With so much to see, it can be hard to know how much time to budget for your visit. Here is a quick guide to help you plan your trip:
Start your visit with a bang by seeing the Aquarium’s most popular residents – the whale sharks. Then, take your time strolling through the galleries at a leisurely pace, stopping to enjoy the views and learn about the animals along the way.
If you have 2-4 hours: In addition to seeing the whale sharks, make sure to catch one of the shows at the AT&T Dolphin Celebration or Georgia-Pacific Cold Water Quest.
These are both must-see attractions that will give you a deeper understanding and appreciation for the amazing creatures at the Aquarium. You will also have plenty of time to explore all of the other galleries at your own pace.
If you have 4+ hours: In addition to whale sharks and shows, take a behind-the-scenes tour to see up close how the Aquarium cares for its animals like African penguins or sand tiger sharks.
You can also visit the Ocean Voyager, home to the largest fish in the world, the whale shark. And this is how much time do you need for the Georgia Aquarium.
Is Georgia Aquarium the largest aquarium in the world?
The Georgia Aquarium opened in 2005 and was the world’s largest aquarium until 2012. Then the S.E.A. Aquarium in Singapore and Chimelong Ocean Kingdom in China opened and Georgia Aquarium became the 3rd largest aquarium in the world. But it still holds the title of North America’s largest aquarium.
How much does it cost to go to Georgia Aquarium?
The cost of admission for a single adult ticket is $39. Admission prices are subject to change, so it’s always best to check the website before your visit.
There is a way to save on admission costs. One way is to become a member of the aquarium. Members get free unlimited admission for one year, discounts on guest tickets, parking, and more.
Georgia Aquarium Military Discount
The Georgia Aquarium offers free admission to all current and former members of the United States Armed Forces. Accompanying family members receive a 30% discount.
In addition, military personnel and their families receive free admission to the aquarium on Armed Forces Day, Memorial Day, Veterans Day, Parade Day, and Armed Forces Day throughout the year.
Is Georgia Aquarium free on your birthday?
Yes, the Georgia Aquarium is free on your birthday. Here’s what you need to know: you must show a valid ID with your birth date on it in order to get in for free. You can only get in for free on the day of your actual birthday, not before or after. See the web site for details.
Can I get a refund on my Georgia Aquarium tickets?
Or how to cancel Georgia Aquarium tickets? Unfortunately, there are no refunds for your purchased tickets.
Best time to visit Georgia Aquarium?
The best time to visit the Georgia Aquarium is during weekday mornings or afternoons during non-peak hours. Admission prices vary depending on when you visit, but advance reservations are always recommended.
4D Theater in Aquarium
The 4d theater at the Georgia Aquarium is one of the most popular attractions. The theater uses state of the art technology to provide an immersive experience for guests. The theater has 4d seats that move and vibrate along with the action on screen. The theater also has special effects like water sprayers and air cannons that add to the experience.
Show times are subject to change and may even be subject to change or cancellation. If you want to enter a 4D cinema, you need to clarify this in advance.
You cannot make a reservation for the 4d theater without going to the aquarium, but you can make a reservation when you arrive.
How long is the 4d show at Georgia Aquarium?
The 4D show at the Georgia Aquarium lasts about 10-12 minutes. But it is not always the same movie. The movies change. You can ask the volunteers inside to get exact duration information. They will happily answer your questions.
Advantage of Atlanta CityPass in Atlanta Aquarium
If you plan to visit the Georgia State Aquarium in Atlanta, we recommend that you take advantage of the CityPass. With this card you’ll have access one of the world’s largest aquarium as well as five other great attractions in the city.
That’s a savings of over 50% on some of Atlanta’s most popular tourist destinations. Other top attractions around Atlanta World Aquarium with CityPass are World of Coca-Cola, CNN Studio Tours, Zoo Atlanta or Center for Civil and Human Rights, Fernbank Museum of Natural History or College Football Hall of Fame.
How to get to the Atlanta Aquarium?
The Atlanta Aquarium is located in the city of Atlanta, Georgia. It is one of the largest aquariums in the United States, and it is also one of the most popular tourist attractions in Atlanta. If you’re planning on visiting the Atlanta Aquarium, here’s what you need to know about how to get there.
- The easiest way to get to the aquarium is by car. The aquarium has its own parking garage, and there are also several other parking options nearby. If you’re coming from out of town, you can also take advantage of the many shuttle and bus services that offer service to the aquarium.
- If you’re looking for a more unique way to get to the aquarium, you can also take a ride on the Atlanta Streetcar. The streetcar stops right outside the aquarium, and it’s a great way to see some of the city’s sights while you’re on your way to the aquarium.
The Georgia Atlanta Aquarium is a great place to visit if you’re looking for an educational and great experience. With over 100,000 animals on display, it’s one of the largest aquariums in the world.
And with a variety of exhibits, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. So whether you’re a seasoned aquarium visitor or this is your first time, be sure to add the Georgia Atlanta Aquarium to your list of must-see attractions.
Is the Georgia Aquarium open on July 4th?
July 4th is Independence Day in the United States. And the aquarium is open on that date. In fact, it’s open 365 days a year.
How long is the dolphin show at Georgia Aquarium?
The dolphin show at Georgia Aquarium is a must-see. The show lasts 15 minutes, and it is an educational and fun experience for the whole family.
During the show, you will learn all about dolphins, their habitat, diet, and more. You will also get to see the dolphins up close as they perform tricks and swim around. Participants are then allocated 8 minutes of interaction time.
The Georgia Aquarium is one of the most popular attractions in Atlanta. It’s one of the largest aquariums in the world. The predators of the deep gallery is a must-see, where you can see sharks, eels, and other dangerous fish up close.
The california sea lion show is also a lot of fun, and the 4d theater is a great way to learn more about the ocean and its inhabitants. If you have some extra time, be sure to visit the sea otter exhibit and the whale sharks manta rays.