9 Best Indoor Water Parks in Minneapolis: Year-Round Fun
Have you ever dreamt of sliding down a gigantic, twisty water slide and splashing into a pool, but found yourself restricted by the weather outside? Well, the city of Minneapolis is here to turn those dreams into reality, no matter the season. Say goodbye to waiting for the summer sun to get your splash on!
- Why are Indoor Water Parks in Minneapolis so popular?
- Top Indoor Water Parks in Minneapolis
In the heart of Minnesota, Minneapolis is renowned not just for its thriving arts scene and buzzing city life, but also for a unique indoor attraction – its water parks. These indoor water parks, a blissful haven for water lovers, offer a tropical escape right in the middle of the city, making it the perfect spot for some year-round family fun.
Why are Indoor Water Parks in Minneapolis so popular?
You might wonder, “Why Indoor Water Parks? And why are they so popular in Minneapolis?” Well, the answer lies in the city’s very own climate and the Minnesotans’ love for fun-filled activities.
- Year-round fun: Unlike outdoor water parks, these indoor paradises are not limited by weather or season. Be it a frosty winter day or a rainy afternoon in spring, indoor water parks provide a warm and inviting environment for you and your family to enjoy. You can defy the harsh Minnesota winters with a tropical getaway right within the city!
- Minnesotan Climate and Indoor Activities: The weather in Minnesota can be quite chilly, especially in winter. Indoor water parks allow locals and tourists alike to enjoy the thrill of water activities without the need to brave the cold. It’s like having a slice of summer throughout the year!
- Variety of attractions: Indoor water parks in Minneapolis offer a wide range of attractions. From adrenaline-pumping slides to lazy rivers, from kiddie pools to wave pools, there’s something for everyone. These parks aren’t just about water rides; they also boast arcades, bowling alleys, and more to keep the fun going.
- Safety and convenience: Indoor water parks are equipped with excellent safety measures, including lifeguards and appropriate ride instructions. Moreover, they often have on-site accommodations, making it a convenient option for tourists looking to stay close to the fun.
Top Indoor Water Parks in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, the crown jewel of Minnesota, is not just renowned for its stunning lakes and vibrant arts scene but also for being a haven of unique indoor attractions. Among these are the city’s fabulous indoor water parks.
Offering a tropical escape right in the heart of the city, these water parks have become the ultimate go-to destination for family fun, regardless of the weather outside.
Here, we dive into the exciting world of Minneapolis’s top indoor water parks, each offering a blend of thrilling attractions, fun-filled activities, and relaxing amenities. If you’re on the lookout for some splash-tastic fun, you’re in the right place!
Big Splash Minnesota Indoor Waterpark
Located inside Arrowwood Resort in Alexandria, a drive away from Minneapolis, Big Splash Minnesota Indoor Waterpark is a massive 38,000-square foot facility. The park features three four-story-tall waterslides, a lazy river, a tropical whirlpool spa, and a children’s play fort with water blasters and geysers.
Their Calypso Cabana, a poolside snack bar, is the perfect spot to refuel between the activities. Plus, the resort offers comfortable accommodations, so you can turn your day trip into a weekend adventure.
Paul Bunyan Waterpark
Named after the legendary lumberjack of American folklore, the Paul Bunyan Waterpark, situated inside the Arrowwood Lodge in Baxter, is an exciting destination for all ages.
The park covers 30,000 square feet and features tube slides, body slides, a treehouse equipped with a huge tipping bucket, a zero-entry pool for the younger guests, and a hot tub for adults. The park’s rustic decor echoes the Paul Bunyan theme, adding a distinct touch to the overall experience.
Three Bear Water Park
Located in Brainerd, at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel, the Three Bear Water Park offers a fun-filled escape.
The park has something for everyone – thrill-seekers will love the tube slides and the body slides, the lazy river and the leisure pool are perfect for a relaxed day, and kids can have a blast in the interactive play station featuring a 1,000-gallon water dumping bucket. The on-site accommodations offer the opportunity for an extended stay.
Great Wolf Lodge Water Park
If you’re looking for a water park that offers more than just slides and pools, the Great Wolf Lodge in Bloomington should be your number one choice. This expansive indoor water wonderland features a plethora of attractions that cater to all ages. The four-story water treehouse and wave pool are a big hit among older kids and adults, while toddlers will love the zero-depth entry areas and gentle slides.
Don’t forget to explore beyond the water attractions. The lodge’s MagiQuest game offers an interactive magical adventure, a delightful diversion that combines physical activity with digital fun. Also, their range of dining options and on-site accommodations make this a fantastic option for a weekend getaway.
Venetian Indoor Waterpark
Nestled inside the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites in Maple Grove, the Venetian Indoor Waterpark offers a slice of Italy right in the heart of Minneapolis. This park features a pair of four-story water slides, a relaxing lazy river, and an interactive children’s play area.
The Bambini Piscina, a toddler’s pool with a two-story water slide, is a delightful spot for the little ones. The park’s distinctive Venetian theme transports you to the charming canals of Venice, making your visit even more memorable.
Part of the AmericInn Hotel in Inver Grove Heights, The Lagoon is a fantastic place for family fun. The park features a 2.5-story waterslide, a wading pool with a water mushroom, a steamy whirlpool, and a fun-filled arcade. The hotel’s accommodations make it a convenient option for out-of-town visitors or locals looking for a staycation.
Grove Cove Aquatic Center
Located in Maple Grove, the Grove Cove Aquatic Center offers three different pools for various activities. The leisure pool, with zero-depth beach-like entry, a water play structure, and a tot slide, is perfect for kids and families. The lap pool caters to fitness enthusiasts, and the outdoor pool with a lazy river and water slides is a hit during the summer months.
The center also offers swimming lessons for different age groups and abilities, making it a hub for both fun and learning.
Eden Prairie Aquatics Center
The Eden Prairie Aquatics Center, located in the Eden Prairie Community Center, is a great spot for those looking for a variety of aquatic activities. The center boasts a competition-size pool, a diving well with two boards, and a training pool for children and beginners.
For leisure and relaxation, there’s also a hot water spa. The center’s focus on instruction and fitness, including swimming lessons and water aerobics classes, makes it a unique blend of fun and health.
Great River Water Park
Situated inside the Oxford Community Center in St. Paul, the Great River Water Park is an all-year indoor aquatic facility. The park features an 8-lane lap pool, a children’s activity pool, and a gigantic water slide for a dose of thrill.
It also offers a range of swimming lessons and water aerobics classes. After swimming, guests can relax in the saunas or get a snack at the concession stand.
Who Should Visit Indoor Water Parks in Minneapolis?
Indoor water parks in Minneapolis are the perfect getaway for people of all ages and interests:
- Families with Children: With shallow pools, fun water play structures, and even areas for sand play, indoor water parks provide a safe, controlled environment that’s perfect for families with kids of all ages. It’s a great way for families to bond while kids learn to swim, conquer water slides, and make new friends.
- Couples Seeking Fun: For couples looking for a day of laughter, excitement, and a little bit of friendly competition, indoor water parks offer a plethora of activities. From racing down the slides to lounging in the lazy river, it’s an unconventional yet fun date idea.
- Groups of Friends: Whether it’s for a birthday celebration or just a day out, groups of friends will find indoor water parks a fantastic place to create shared memories. Nothing beats the thrill of experiencing the high-speed slides and wave pools together.
- Corporate Events: Believe it or not, indoor water parks also make for a great team-building venue. They offer group packages and event spaces that businesses can use for retreats or casual events, where employees can let loose and build camaraderie.
In conclusion, Minneapolis’ indoor water parks offer diverse aquatic experiences that cater to all ages. From adrenaline-pumping slides to relaxing lazy rivers, there’s something for everyone. These parks not only offer an escape from routine but also provide a unique setting for memorable experiences.