If you’re looking for a truly unique water park experience, look no further than Universal’s Volcano Bay in Orlando, Florida. This state-of-the-art park features an erupting volcano, thrilling slides, and a lazy river that winds its way through a tropical paradise.
- What is Universal’s Volcano Bay?
- What is Volcano Bay’s wristband TapuTapu?
- Tips to Avoid Long Lines
- What to bring to Volcano Bay?
- What to do at Volcano Bay?
- How to buy a Volcano Bay entrance ticket?
- Parking on Volcano Bay
- Places to eat at Volcano Bay
- Where to stay near Volcano Bay?
- Where is Universal Volcano Bay?
This water park is one of the newest additions to the Universal Orlando Resort, and it’s quickly become a favorite among visitors. Here’s everything you need to know about this one-of-a-kind park.
What is Universal’s Volcano Bay?
The park, which is part of the larger CityWalk entertainment complex, features a 200-foot-tall volcano that serves as the centerpiece for the park’s three themed areas: Wave Village, River Village, and Rainforest Village.
The park has several innovative attractions, including the Krakatau Aqua Coaster, the first coaster of its kind in the United States. Other highlights include the Kala & Tai Nui Serpentine Body Slides, Kopiko Wai Winding River, and the Punga Racers.
For guests looking to relax, there are also two lazy rivers and a beach area with sand volleyball courts.
What is Volcano Bay’s wristband TapuTapu?
TapuTapu is a wearable device that allows guests to Volcano Bay to tap and hold their place in line for rides, activities, and amenities.
It also allows guests to make mobile payments around the park. TapuTapu is a wearable waterproof wristband that allows you to tap to pay for food and souvenirs, as well as hold your place in line for rides.
How to set up Tapu Tapu pay?
Here’s how to use it.
- You’ll receive your TapuTapu when you enter inside. Just put it on like a watch.
- To pay for food and souvenirs, just tap your TapuTapu against the contactless reader at the register.
- To get in line for a ride, find the QR code posted at the entrance and scan it with your TapuTapu. Then, head to the virtual line queue and relax until it’s your turn to ride!
Once you have reserved your turn at an event, the wristband starts counting down. 50 minutes, 70 minutes, however long you have to wait. When it’s your turn, the wristband displays the message Ride Now. With this message, you can move towards the attraction.
There is no need to hurry. You don’t lose your chance, but you may still have to wait a few more minutes. It is also important to remember that if you are in the queue through the wristband, you cannot get into another queue until it expires.
If you’re looking for a place to store your belongings while enjoying, look no further than lockers with TapuTapu. These lockers are located throughout the park and your belongings are safely protected while you splash around.
The lockers are controlled by TapuTapu. To use TapuTapu, simply hold the scanner on the locker and it will open automatically. When you are done, hold the scanner again and it will close.
Tips to Avoid Long Lines
There are a few options you can take to avoid long queues.
- Arrive Early: Getting to the park early is one of the best ways to avoid long lines. The lines for the most popular attractions tend to build up as the day goes on, so try to arrive when the park opens.
- Night rides! Take part in activities at night that are busy during the day. There’s nothing like doing Volcano Bay’s slides at night. The water is cool and refreshing and if you get a clear night the view is simply incredible. Whether you’re riding alone or with friends, you’re sure to have a blast. What makes night rides even better is that you don’t have to wait in line.
- Use TapuTapu. This way, while you wait for your virtual turn, you can also participate in other activities.
What to bring to Volcano Bay?
There are a few essential items you will need to pack for a day in Volcano Bay.
- First and foremost, you will need to pack your swimsuit. Whether you plan to hit the pool or ride one of the many water slides, a comfortable swimsuit will make your day enjoyable.
- You may also want to pack some sunscreen to protect yourself from the Florida sun.
- And don’t forget your towel. A beach towel or even a regular bath towel will do the trick. There are towel stations located throughout the park. The theme park provides towels for a fee, but if you don’t want to pay, bring your own.
- Bring your own food and drinks. There are plenty of places to eat inside the park, but they can be expensive. Save money by packing your own snacks and drinks from home.
- Finally, make sure to bring some cash or credit cards. You will need it to rent a locker inside the park or to buy food and drinks.
What to do at Volcano Bay?
This water park is home to thrilling rides, relaxing pools, and plenty of ways to beat the heat.
One of the most popular attractions at Volcano Bay is Waturi Beach. This expansive beach has something for everyone, from gentle waves perfect for swimming and sunbathing to a massive wave pool that will get your heart racing. And don’t forget to check out Honu ika Moana, an interactive raft ride that takes you through Krakatau volcano.
For those who are feeling adventurous, Teawa the Fearless River is a must-do. This fast-paced river features rapids and waterslides that will make your heart race. Or take on one of the many slides at Taniwha Tubes.
There are also several restaurants and bars throughout the park. At night, you can enjoy the beautifully illuminated fountains and volcanoes.
How to buy a Volcano Bay entrance ticket?
If you’re planning a trip to Universal’s Volcano Bay in Orlando, you may be wondering where you can buy tickets. The good news is that there are several options for purchasing tickets, both online and in person.
To purchase tickets online, you can visit the official Universal Studios website. If you’re looking to purchase tickets in person, you can do so at the park entrance or at one of the many ticket booths located throughout the park.
Is Volcano Bay included in Universal Pass?
You can also purchase Universal Orlando Resort passes, which include access to all of the theme parks and attractions at Universal Orlando Resort, including Volcano Bay.
There are types of tickets for Volcano Bay. You can check more options from their Tickets page.
- 1-Day Volcano Bay Ticket grants access for one day only.
- 2-Park – 1-Day or more days Ticket: Option to enter for one, two or more days, and also includes of admission to Universal Studios Florida or Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
Volcano Bay is Universal Orlando’s water theme park and is indeed included in the Premier Annual Pass. This means that if you have a Premier Annual Pass, you can visit Volcano Bay as often as you like from the moment you first enter.
2-Park Passes are not eligible for admission to Volcano Bay. But 3-Park Passes, which include the Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, and Volcano Bay parks, are available to purchase.
If you want to avoid long lines, you can buy an Express Pass. This pass allows you to skip the regular line at certain attractions. You can also use your Express Pass to enter the park through a special entrance.
Parking on Volcano Bay
When visiting Universal’s Volcano Bay, there are a few options for parking.
The first is the closest to the park. The second option is the Premier Parking lot and this allows guests to park closer to the entrance of the park. The third option is the located further away from the park entrance.
If you’re looking for an amazing water park to visit in Orlando, look no further than here. With its incredible theming, world-class rides, and convenient location, it’s no wonder this park is one of the most popular in the area.
Places to eat at Volcano Bay
One of the most popular places to eat is the Wet N’ Wild Watering Hole. This open-air restaurant offers a variety of American favorites like burgers, hot dogs, and chicken fingers. The Wet N’ Wild Watering Hole also has a full bar, so you can enjoy a refreshing cocktail while you relax in the sun.
If you’re looking for something a little more upscale, check out Kohola Reef Restaurant & Social Club. Here you’ll find fresh seafood and steak dishes, as well as an extensive wine list. Kohola Reef Restaurant & Social Club also has a beautiful outdoor patio where you can enjoy your meal with a view of the volcano.
Where to get a drink?
If you’re looking for a place to get a drink while at Universal’s Volcano Bay, there are plenty of options! The Watering Hole is the main bar located in the center of the park, and they offer a variety of mixed drinks, beers, and wines.
There are also several bars located throughout the park, so you can always find a place to grab a quick drink. And if you’re looking for something non-alcoholic, there are plenty of places to get refreshing drinks like coconuts and smoothies.
Where to stay near Volcano Bay?
There are many great hotels near Universal’s Volcano Bay, so you can easily find a place to stay that fits your budget and needs. For families, we recommend the Cabana Bay Beach Resort, which offers spacious suites, a lazy river, and a water park.
For couples or groups of friends, we recommend another Volcano Bay hotel which has easy access is the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, which has beautiful rooms and an on-site bar. If you’re looking for something truly luxurious, the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel is perfect, with its Italian-inspired architecture and stunning bay views.
For a more luxurious option, check out the Universal’s Aventura Hotel. This modern hotel offers stunning views of Volcano Bay, an on-site food court, and early park admission.
When did Volcano Bay open?
Volcano Bay Orlando opened on May 25, 2017. The park is located in Orlando, Florida and is part of the Universal Studios theme park complex. Volcano Bay is a water theme park that features a 200-foot volcano, an aqua coaster, lazy rivers, and other attractions.
When to go Volcano Bay?
The best time to visit Universal’s Volcano Bay in Orlando is during the summer months. The park is open year-round, but the weather is usually hotter and more humid during this time.
June through August are the busiest months at the park, so you may want to avoid these if you’re looking for a less crowded experience. September and October are good times to visit as the weather is still warm but the crowds are typically smaller.
Is the water heated?
If you’re planning a trip to Universal’s Volcano Bay in Orlando, you may be wondering about the heated water. The water in all of the pools and slides at this park is heated, so you can enjoy the attractions regardless of the weather outside.
The temperature is kept between 80 and 84 degrees Fahrenheit. So whether you’re looking to cool off on a hot day or warm up on a cooler one, you’ll be able to enjoy all that the park has to offer.
Is Universal Volcano Bay open year round?
Volcano Bay is Universal Orlando Resort’s water theme park is always open, except for extreme weather events that require the park to close. For example, during frigid temperatures or stormy weather, you will not be able to visit the park.
However, Volcano Bay hours may vary seasonally. We recommend checking the park’s website or calling ahead for the most up-to-date information.
In addition to its regular operating hours, they also offers extended hours on select days. These extended hours allow guests to enjoy the park after it closes to the general public. Guests must purchase a special ticket in order to stay for these extra hours.
Where is Universal Volcano Bay?
If you’re looking for Universal Volcano Bay, you’ll find it at 6000 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819. That’s right in the heart of Orlando’s tourist district!
How to get Universal Volcano Bay?
There are a few ways to get to Universal’s water park.
- The first is by car. If you’re driving, take I-4 East to Exit 75A. Then, follow the signs for Universal Boulevard. From there, you’ll see signs for the theme park. Follow those and they’ll lead you right to the park entrance.
- Another way to get to Volcano Bay is by bus. Many hotels in the area offer complimentary bus transportation to the park. Just ask at your hotel’s front desk and they’ll be able to tell you what times the buses run and where to catch them.
- The last way to get to the water park is by walking. If you’re staying at one of the on-site Universal resorts, it’s a short walk from your hotel room to the park entrance. And even if you’re not staying at a resort, it’s still possible to walk to Volcano Bay from CityWalk or Universal Studios Florida. Just look for the pedestrian bridge that goes over I-4 and follow the path until you reach the park entrance gates.
How far is Volcano Bay from Universal Studios?
Volcano Bay is approximately 30 minutes’ walk from Universal Studios Orlando.
If you are looking for a tropical getaway, Universal’s Volcano Bay in Orlando might be the perfect one for you. With its lush landscapes and crystal blue waters, it’s no wonder that this water park is one of the most popular attractions in Florida.
There are plenty of rides and activities to choose from. Whether you’re looking to relax in the sun or looking for an adrenaline rush, be sure to add this theme park to your Orlando vacation itinerary.